Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Wired


Part of what makes Serial Experiments Lain so great is that the idea of Lain existing as an omnipresent god of the Wired, which is basically the internet except depicted as a higher level of reality, with a cult following actually exists online. There are small pockets of the internet that are basically a peak into The Wired. One of my favorites is a neocities website called fauux.com, its basically a blog for some Norwegian guy who goes by fauux but its presented and executed in such unique way that perfectly fits into the Lain aesthetic. There are so many hidden aspects with increasingly difficult layers to access that his whole website acts as The Wired would. I've spent hours trying to uncover every secret he hid, and it was a fascinating way to connect to the show that I've never seen before. I actually got in contact with the guy when I asked if I could use his art to promote my radio show and he was nice enough to let me use it, free of charge. He updates it every once in a while and its fun to go back and see whats new. Although since hes gotten more popular its kinda ruined the mystery behind it, and its less Wired-esque in a way, but its still fun. Check it out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment